One Goal: Education for All

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

senses...

Time ticks continuously, it runs unnoticed. I’ve been sitting here for more than two hours, doodling and babbling, and sometimes I do at the same time. I am currently not at peace but I hope to ease this and move forward.

For almost a week, I have been reviewing the education programs and projects here in our office. Amazingly, there are efforts in fact to arrest the condition of education in the country. On the contrary, during my morning and afternoon walks to and from the office, I find kids on the streets asking for alms, amassing the garbage for food, sleeping anywhere; I practically witness anything but manifestation of poverty: HUNGER.

I am lying in the midst again. While I am prodding myself to work with education programs and projects to respond to the literacy issues of children in this country, those children are out there not minding about their literacy but more focused on their physical longings.

The social issues are complex but intertwined. The psychology of man is even greater than that.

No comments: